The Dell Streak is the new tablet from Dell and it runs on Android 2.2, which is a slightly older version the one used for example in the Motorola XOOM. The main difference here is the size, with the Dell being a bit smaller and more compact than the Motorola, but with a beautyful user interface and everything needed to place it right there in the top of currently available Android tablets.
What follows is of course the Dell service, which is reknown among computer users around the world, especially business users. What is also a great thing about the Dell tablet is that it can automatically sync with your computer, which can be helpful especially for these business users.
Here is a quick round-up of the key features you will find in the Streak.
- Qik Video Chat. Connect with friends and family through both T-Mobile’s 3G/4G network and Wi-Fi–unlike some other video-calling solutions that only work through Wi-Fi. With the Streak 7’s front-facing camera paired with Video Chat through Qik, you can hold video conversations with those who have a Streak 7–or other compatible mobile device–and even broadcast your view through the rear-facing camera.
- BrainPOP: Animated educational content embraced by students and trusted by teachers and parents around the globe. BrainPOP brings learning to your fingertips.
- Zinio. The largest online newsstand, enabling customers to shop for, search inside, read, share and save digital content in new ways with more than 75,000 digital magazines from 26 countries.
- Kindle for Android. Lets you shop for hundreds of thousands of books in the Kindle Store, including New York Times Best Sellers and new releases from $9.99. Use Amazon’s Whispersync technology to automatically synchronize your last page read, bookmarks, annotations, and more across your various devices–including Kindle, Kindle DX, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry and Android phones.
- BLOCKBUSTER On Demand Enables you to discover and download the latest movie rentals on the go. Blockbuster’s first-ever video download application on a smartphone allows you to buy a movie on one device and watch on another connected device through Blockbuster’s library.
- Let’s Golf (Gameloft). Discover a fun atmosphere making golf accessible to anyone with 63 holes in 4 environments in 3D and 4 characters to customize. 63 holes in 4 distinct locations remodeled in 3D: Fiji Beach, the American Mountains, the English Countryside, and Scottish Lochs.
- Slacker Radio. With millions of songs from thousands of artists, Slacker is the best way to discover new artists and hear your favorite music. Listening to Slacker is as easy as selecting one of over 120 DJ-programmed genre stations or searching for your favorite artist or song.
- Android 2.2 operating system (Froyo) with over-the-air upgrade capability for future OS releases
- Blazing fast 4G speeds on T-Mobile’s HSPA+ network for up to 3 times faster than standard 3G networks, while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities (compatible with 3G networks where 4G is unavailable).
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with voice-activated search, turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views
- Ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go
- Wi-Fi Sharing allows you to use your phone’s 3G mobile broadband to connect laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices to the Internet.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming.
- 5-megapixel rear camera with auto focus, multi-shot mode, and LED flash. You can share them with family and friends by sending them to any e-mail address, T-Mobile camera phone, or MyAlbum.
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chats (fixed focus) for face-to-face chats on popular services such as Qik or Skype
- HD 720p video capture (from rear camera)
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
- Video player compatible with H.263/H.264, 3GP, MPEG4, WMV