From Endless Ideas in the Netherlands comes the new edition of their BeBook device, which is called Neo and is supposed to be the binding factor between the Kobo and the Kindle. Visually very much alike, there are some important differences between the three E-Readers, which you can already read from the press release.
After our successful models ‘BeBook One’ and the pocket sized ‘BeBook Mini’ we collected suggestions from our customers and packed them into a new attractive eReader.
The BeBook Neo is using the latest patented ePaper technology for an amazing reading experience. Read anything, anytime, anywhere. The powerfull processor offers unparallelled reading and browsing speeds. BeBook Neo´s powerful battery allows up to 7000 pageturns on a full charge.
- Easy eBook store access: Simply go to the Neo eBook portal and a worldmap will appear. Just click on your country and you will see a clear overview of third party eBook stores. The best part is that YOU decide where YOU want to purchase eBooks.”
- Connect to the Internet through WIFI. Besides shopping for eBooks online, you can access Google and Wikipedia on the go.
- The BeBook Neo Ebook Reader is the fastest eReader currently on the market. Offering up to 2,5 times faster browsing and operating speeds, due to its powerful Freescale processor.”
- The Neo features the latest WACOM touchpanel technology, which provides a very fast and more natural reading experience. The touch screen allows you to use your BeBook Neo for sketching, annotations and text mark-up; ideal for educational and business purposes.
- The open architecture of the BeBook Neo ereader makes it possible to expand its capabilities.
- Access eBook stores worldwide
- Wireless connectivity
- Unique paper-like display, read anywhere, anytime, even in bright sunlight
- Long-life battery, one 3-hour charge will last 7.000 pageturns.
- Your entire bookcase on one BeBook Neo
- Use it anywhere: at home, vacation, study, work, travel or any other place
- Supports the most popular eBook formats such as: EPUB*, PDF*, TXT, HTML, RTF, MOBI, CHM, PDB, JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF (*including Adobe DRM, compatible with Adobe Digital Editions)
- Sketching system: create and save notes or scribbles
- Add annotations, erase or save them
- Listen to MP3 music
Here are two Videos to show a bit more about how the BeBook Neo works and how it compares to the Kindle in terms of usability: